Health care, behavioral health care, mental health services, and more
Southwest Michigan Behavioral Health (SWMBH) is the Prepaid Inpatient Health Plan (PIHP) for eight Michigan counties, and is in partnership with the Community Mental Health (CMH) agencies of these counties. SWMBH, in partnership with the CMH’s and local providers, provides mental health services to adults with severe and persistent mental illness, children with severe emotional disturbance, individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities, and individuals with substance use disorders. As the manager of services, SWMBH will make sure that services are given to you based on your needs and goals and are within the guidelines set by the state of Michigan. SWMBH strives to ensure that you and your family members are treated with dignity and respect.
- Barry County
- Berrien County
- Branch County
- Calhoun County
- Cass County
- Kalamazoo County
- St. Joseph County
- Van Buren County
MI Health Link
MI Health Link is a new health plan that launched on March 15, 2015 and is available to many of you in our area. MI Health Link will allow you to use one card to get health care, behavioral health care, home and community-based services, nursing home care and medications all through one health plan. Nearly 8,000 people in the Southwest Region have already been enrolled in this plan. You will have your choice of doctors and other providers within your health plan’s network who will work together to give you the care you want and need.
If you choose to join the MI Health Link health plan, you will have your own Care Coordinator who will help link you to your doctors, pharmacies, behavioral health care and long term care supports and services through your health plan. The Care Coordinator will also help make sure that all your doctors and other providers work together to meet your needs and honor your choices. This person will assist with your care plan, answer your questions, help get appointments and services, arrange transportation, and more.
Advantages of MI Health Link Program
MI Health Link offers many benefits to enrollees. Some of these benefits include:
- Care Coordination
- An extensive provider network offering mental health services and substance use disorder treatment
- Community-based services such as: Community Living Supports, ACT Team Services, and Case Management
- Services with in-network providers are available at no cost to members
- Outpatient Services include: therapy and psychiatric medication management
MI Health Link offers an integrated approach to health care. Both Southwest Michigan Behavioral Health and your ICO- Aetna or Meridian work collaboratively to provide you medical and behavioral health care. The MI Health Link program is offered to individuals who:
- Have full Medicare and full Medicaid
- Are 21 years of age or older
- Live in one of SWMBH’s eight service areas
MI Health Link Ombudsman Program (MHLO)
The MHLO role is designed to:
- Empower you and provide support in resolving problems with your health care, behavioral health care, and long-term services and supports;
- Help you to investigate and work to resolve problems with your health plan;
- Address concerns such as:
- Difficulty reaching or working with Care Coordinators
- Confusion about coverage and rights
- Trouble identifying providers
- Requests for additional services or supports
You can reach MI Health Link Ombudsman at 1-888-746-6456, Mon-Fri 8am-5pm or email@example.com
Still have questions about MI Health Link?
For General information on MI Health Link click here to visit the official MDHHS MI Health Link Page
SWMBH MI Health Link Handbook
Visit our Enrollment FAQ Page or contact SWMBH Member Services for more information at 1-800-676-5814.