The philosophy, mission, and vision of SWMBH
As the Prepaid Inpatient Health Plan (PIHP) for eight Michigan counties, Southwest Michigan Behavioral Health is guided by our philosophy, mission, and vision. Striving to deliver access to needed care for eligible plan members, value to taxpayers, and community mental health services for individuals experiencing substance abuse crises and mental illness, we are committed to providing compassionate, respectful treatment.
Quality and excellence through partnerships.
SWMBH strives to be Michigan’s preeminent benefits manager and integrative healthcare partner, assuring regional health status improvements, quality, value, trust, and CMHSP participant success.
An optimal quality life in the community for everyone.
- Meet legal obligations as a managed care benefits administrator for a variety of business lines including: Medicaid, Healthy MI Plan (HMP), MiChild, Autism Waiver, MI Health Link, SUD Community Grant, and PA 2 Funds
- Access to needed care of eligible plan members
- Acceptability of purchased services by consumers
- Impact of the care delivered
- Value for taxpayers
- Manage minimal risks for taxpayers
- Assure consistent application of uniform benefit of all Medicaid/HMP/MI Health Link/SUD Community Grant funded behavioral health and substance use disorder services
- Manage all mental health and substance use disorder Medicaid/HMP/MI Health Link/SUD Community Grant funds provided to the organization either directly or via contract