Certified Community Behavioral Health Clinic (CCBHC) Services
What is a CCBHC?
A CCBHC is a clinic that aims to combine high quality mental health and substance use disorder services. They will work with your primary care doctor. They will also work with other providers of your choice. They do this to make sure you get the best care.
What are the benefits of the CCBHC?
CCBHCs are held to a high standard of care. They must:
- Provide quick access to care
- Offer services to anyone who asks. No matter your ability to pay or where you live.
- Offer 24/7 mobile crisis response
- Use a specific set of evidence-based (proven or expected) practices
- Offer Medication-Assisted Treatment for addiction
- Meet strict care standards
What can I expect from CCBHC services?
CCBHCs must provide nine core services:
- Crisis mental health services: 24-hour mobile crisis teams, emergency crisis intervention services, and crisis stabilization
- Screening, assessment, and diagnosis
- Patient-centered treatment planning or like processes. This includes risk assessment and crisis planning.
- Outpatient mental health and substance use disorder services
- Outpatient clinic primary care screening. This includes review of key health indicators and health risks.
- Targeted case management
- Psychiatric rehabilitation services
- Peer support, counselor services, and family supports
- Intensive, community-based mental health care for members of the armed forces and veterans, particularly those members and veterans located in rural areas.
Can I get services?
All persons with a mental illness and/or substance use disorder diagnosis can receive CCBHC services. No matter of their ability to pay or where they live.
Who do I call for services?
You can call:
- Southwest Michigan Behavioral Health (for substance use services): (800) 781-0353
- Integrated Services of Kalamazoo: (269) 373-6000 or (888) 373-6200
- Community Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services of St. Joseph County: (269) 467-1000 or (800) 622-3967
Get more information from Michigan Department of Health and Human Services by following this link- CCBHC Demonstration