Fentanyl Test Strips Education
Staying Safe/Harm Reduction Strategies:
- Do not use alone and take turns using.
- Start low, shoot slow: inject small amount first or split the shot. Wait 15 seconds to see how you feel before taking the rest.
- Have Naloxone with you and know how to use it in case someone overdoses.
- Call 911 if you suspect an overdose.
- Use of testing strips is at your own risk.
- These tests will only confirm the presence of fentanyl. A negative result DOES NOT MEAN that there is no fentanyl in the substance.
- People who use testing strips accept all responsibility for any injury or death that could occur after taking drugs, whether they have been tested or not tested for fentanyl.
- We make no claim as to the accuracy and reliability of these testing strips.
- All substance should be treated as dangerous and potentially contaminated with fentanyl regardless of strip usage and test results.
- Testing strips is not guaranteed to detect all forms of fentanyl.
- You could overdose even if the testing strip says there is no fentanyl in your substance.
- Testing strips can produce false negative results.
- Only 6 forms of fentanyl can be detected by using testing strips and other toxic contaminants will go undetected.
- If fentanyl is identified by the testing strips, the actual amount of the drug cannot be identified.
How to Use the Test Strips:
Step 1: Prepare your shot in a new cooker and draw it into a syringe. Keep the cooker. Do not shoot up yet!
Step 2: Set the loaded syringe aside and add 1/4 inch of clean water (use 1/2 cup of water to test meth) into a cooker and stir the mixture.
Step 3: Holding a testing strip by the blue end, insert it into the solution (don’t go past the blue line) and leave it there for about 15 seconds.
Step 4: Wait a full minute to two minutes for the testing strip to process.
Step 5: Throw the cooker and any remaining liquid away as it is now toxic.
READ RESULTS: If there is ONE line on the strip, your drugs are positive for fentanyl. If there are TWO lines on the strip, no fentanyl is present. Lines will be light at first and will darken with time.