Opioid Health Home
What is Opioid Health Home?
Although the name suggests it is a place, it’s not! Opioid Health Home is a model of care that coordinates your health and social needs.
When you enroll in the Opioid Health Home (OHH), you will receive enhanced, recovery-centered services through a personalized plan from your team of providers. You will work closely with an OHH Care Team to identify your needs and create a care plan that will help you to accomplish your goals that include your sobriety, physical health concerns, mental health concerns, and social service needs. Your OHH Care Team will work with you to find services and supports to help you along the way.
Who is my OHH Care Team?
- A Behavioral Health Specialist
- A Nurse Care Manager
- A Recovery Coach, Community Health Worker, or Medical Assistant
- A Medical Consult
- A Psychiatric Consult
Your OHH Care Team will work with your current providers, as needed, to help manage your care so that you can focus on your recovery!
What can my OHH Care Team do for me?
- Work with other doctors, specialists, counselors, etc. who you may also receive services from.
- Help you find new doctors, specialists, counselors, etc. if needed.
- Help you understand and manage other conditions you may have, such as high blood pressure, diabetes, depression, anxiety, etc.
- Refer you to services that help with overall health. You can get help with losing weight, learning to eat better, or quitting smoking.
- Help you with housing, legal issues, transportation, employment, educational goals, etc.
- Connect you with other community resources for additional support.
Am I eligible?
- If you live in Kalamazoo or Calhoun counties.
- If you have active Medicaid or Healthy Michigan Plan from Kalamazoo or Calhoun Counties (MI Health Link or Medicaid Spend Down not included).
- If you have been diagnosed with an Opioid Use Disorder.
Call SWMBH 800-781-0353 to confirm eligibility.
Current Opioid Health Home Providers:
- Victory Clinical Services in Kalamazoo
- Victory Clinical Services in Battle Creek
- Summit Pointe
Get more information from MDHHS here – https://www.michigan.gov/ohh