Southwest Michigan Behavioral Health (SWMBH) is the Prepaid Inpatient Health Plan (PIHP) for eight Michigan counties. SWMBH partners with the Community Mental Health (CMH) and substance use disorder agencies of these counties. SWMBH and its partners offer behavioral health services to adults with severe and persistent mental illness, children with severe emotional disturbance, and individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities. SWMBH serves as the Regional Coordinating Agency to provide services to persons with substance use disorders. SWMBH manages the benefits for Medicaid, Healthy Michigan Plan (HMP), MI Health Link and Block Grant. As the manager of benefits, SWMBH will make sure that services are based on your needs. Goals are set within the guidelines set by the state of Michigan. SWMBH ensures that you and your family members are treated with dignity and respect at all times.
The Counties who are members of SWMBH are:
- Barry County Community Mental Health Authority (Barry County)
- Berrien Mental Health Authority (Berrien County)
- Pines Behavioral Health (Branch County)
- Summit Pointe (Calhoun County)
- Woodlands Behavioral Healthcare (Cass County)
- Integrated Services of Kalamazoo (Kalamazoo County)
- Community Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services of St. Joseph County (St. Joseph County)
- Van Buren Community Mental Health Authority (Van Buren County)
SWMBH also makes sure that you have a say in what services are provided to you. This will be done in ways that you can understand. If you are unable to read or understand your service documents, please let us know. We will help you understand. We use interpreters, can translate documents, or have someone read the information to you. At SWMBH we seek to fully support the recovery of each customer. Your provider will work with you to use the natural supports (such as family and friends) around you. SWMBH encourages you to give suggestions to improve our services.